Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Adventures of a Second Shooter

This past weekend I went to Kansas City with Kathy McCloy of Kathy McCloy Photography. I love Kathy's style so it was an honor that she even considered asking me to come along. I met Kathy some time last year. I randomly found her online and emailed her telling her I liked her stuff and that it'd be great to talk to her sometime about all things photography. And unlike a lot of other established photographers in our area, she emailed me back and was willing to share tips and information with me. She is seriously a nice nice person.

I've never been a second shooter at a wedding before this. It was definitely a new experience and a great learning oppurtunity. The fun thing about second shooting is that I don't have to worry about processing all the photos. Instead of coming home and thinking "Oh my, how am I ever going to get through all these pictures" -- I just give all my pictures to Kathy. Then I get to go home and pick out pictures that I like to edit. Just for fun. For my own personal satisfaction. I can have some fun with the editing. :)

Anyway..

The wedding took place in small little town outside of Kansas City called Pleasant Hill. The downtown area had so many cool little spots for pictures. And the bride and groom scheduled two hours between the wedding and the reception for the purpose of getting pictures taken.

Note to future brides -- if you want great pictures you have to take the time to do them.

Our day started out at 6:30 in the morning at the brides parent's house where we took pictures of all the girls getting ready.

Jennifer the bride




The girls had two hairdressers and a makeup artist.

Random picture of one of the hair dressers..

There were two super cute flower girls. I don't have pictures of the other girl edited yet but here are two of one of the flower girls. :)


When the girls were almost finished getting ready I had to go downtown and do some pictures of the guys. They were a fun bunch.


More kid cuteness..


Now for these formals -- I did NOT set them up. Kathy did these and I just took them from a different angle.

This next one I did some wierd editing on. Not my normal style really...


Thats all I have for now.

Kathy, thanks for taking me along. I had a good time and I think I learned a lot!



2 comments:

Kathy June 26, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

Glad you could go! Sidenote... I LOVE the shot of your sister smiling with her hair really blowing back. She looks beautiful.

Eric Yerke January 20, 2010 at 7:10 AM  

Hey Amanda, thanks for dropping by my blog. It's nice to see you are from Dubuque as well. My wife is actually from Dubuque.

If you're down, maybe we could swap photography sessions this summer???

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP